Sparking Curiosity From A Distance [Webinar Replay]
We couldn’t just sit idle while the Math Moment Maker Community was scrambling to figure out how to make meaningful math experiences from a distance during the COVID-19 emergency remote learning crisis.
Since so many of us are either already or heading towards leading lessons from a distance, we thought it made sense to help by providing a webinar that specifically focused on Sparking Curiosity From A Distance.
This module consists of 6 lessons from a live webinar originally recorded on Wednesday April 6th, 2020.
- How to deliver problem based lessons;
- How to reach all students regardless of their mathematical readiness through the use of emerging mathematical strategies and models; and,
- How to deliver engaging lessons over the internet using problem based lessons and Brainingcamp Virtual Manipulatives.
Grade Level Focus:
While the pedagogical approaches shared throughout the Make Math Moments Academy are useful for K-12, this specific module will benefit the following grade levels:
Pedagogical Approach: Grades K-12
Content Focus: Grades K-2
If you participated in this webinar live, you can ACCESS YOUR CERTIFICATE HERE.
If you’re watching this module for the first time, you can grab a certificate at the end of this module (lesson 6).
Note: we will also have a separate participation certificate available for the entire course once it is fully built out.
Let’s dive in!
We'll be exploring Day 1 of the Gummy Worms Problem Based Unit.
- Run this task from the Web using the Curiosity Task Tool
Useful Resources We Explore:
- Make Math Moments Curiosity Task Tool
- Make Math Moments Curiosity Search Engine
- Brainingcamp Virtual Manipulatives
Grab your first Wipebook Flipchart Pack for a Discount:
Want a FREE Brainingcamp License?
- Visit the “DISCOUNTS & PERKS” tab in the TOOLKIT section of the Academy to grab your code for a FREE 3-Month License!
A quick link to a 1-hour participation certificate if you've already watched this webinar live or completed this module: