We couldn’t just sit idle while the Math Moment Maker Community is scrambling to figure out how to make meaningful math experiences from a distance.
That is why we’ve been doing webinars and Q&A sessions this past year specifically designed to support Making Math Moments during this time of emergency remote learning due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
While this course was specifically designed to assist in creating Math Moments synchronously and/or asynchronously from a distance, the best part is that all of the tips, tools, and techniques will still be useful once we are back Making Math Moments in our face-to-face classrooms.
- How to deliver problem based lessons;
- How to reach all students regardless of their mathematical readiness through the use of emerging mathematical strategies and models; and,
- How to deliver engaging lessons over the internet.
A certificate of completion will be unlocked once each module and lesson in this course is marked complete.
Length of course:
Approximately 5 hours of video lesson content with another recommended 5 hours of reflection, planning and implementing.
Who can access this course?
Module 1: Anyone. Module 1 is open to preview the course.
Remaining Modules: Make Math Moments Academy Members.
Join now and get 30 days free or save by selecting an annual subscription.
30-day Money-Back Guarantee and you can cancel anytime.
PLUS Academy Members can access over 10 other courses covering topics like Teaching Math Remotely, Assessment, Math EdTech Tools, Conceptualizing the Fundamentals of Mathematics, Spiralling and many more! See all of the Academy Courses here.
Want to learn more about what other benefits you receive as an Academy Member? Click here to learn more.
Useful resources explored in this course:
- Gummy Worms [Multi-Day Problem Based Unit]
- Make Math Moments Problem Based Lessons and Units
- Make Math Moments Curiosity Search Engine
- Brainingcamp Virtual Manipulatives [90 Day Licence Available to Academy Members]
- A Webinar Workbook Downloadable/Printable PDF Format & Digitally Editable via Google Slides
- Shot Put [Multi-Day Problem Based Unit]
- Knowledgehook SnapShots
- Voting Booth [Problem Based Lesson]