Task Teacher Guide
Be sure to read the teacher guide prior to running the task. When you’re ready to run the task, use the tabs at the top of the page to navigate through the lesson.
Oh No! You Must Be Logged In!
You must be logged in to access the Make Math Moments Academy Teacher Guides that provide:
- The intentionality behind the task.
- A full task walk-through including:
- How to Spark Curiosity.
- Intentional moves to Fuel Sense Making including anticipated student solution approaches, models, and strategies.
- The Before, During, and After Moves teachers can make to ensure the task goes off without a hitch and,
- Consolidation and Reflection Prompts you can give students to help you determine who heard what and where to take the task the next day.
- Downloadable Media Files.
- Printable Lesson Tips Sheets and,
- Printable PDF Lesson Handouts.
Explore The Entire Unit of Study
This Make Math Moments Task was designed to spark curiosity for a multi-day unit of study with built in purposeful practice, and extensions to elicit and emerge mathematical models and strategies.
Click the links at the top of this task to head to the other related lessons created for this unit of study.
What do you notice? What do you wonder?
Estimation Prompt Image 2
1. What do you notice...
2. Based on what you discovered...
3a. Without measuring or using a calculator...
3b. Without measuring or using a calculator...
4. The figure below...
Download Printable PDF Handout
Login to the Academy or join now to download, save and print the PDF Handout.