How are you using them in your math class?
Are your worksheets enhancing your math instruction or limiting student thinking?
Have you ditched using all worksheets?
The use of worksheets in math class has become synonymous with “lazy teaching” but we have a confession …..
…. we use worksheets on a regular basis!
We believe it’s HOW you use your worksheets that makes all the difference!
In this course Jon & Kyle outline different styles of worksheets while giving you insight on how to design them to maximize student thinking. You’ll learn when you should use a worksheet, what types of problems should go on the worksheet, and when you should ditch the worksheet altogether.
- The answer to: “when is the right time to use a worksheet?”
- The difference between a worksheet intended to “get the work done” or a worksheet intended to enhance the learning experience during the lesson;
- The types of problems, prompts or questions that should go on your worksheet and what you want to avoid;
- How to ensure your worksheet supports all levels of learners; and,
- How you can use a worksheet to enhance your problem-based lessons without robbing the thinking of your students.
A certificate of completion will be unlocked once each module and lesson in this course is marked complete.
Length of course:
Approximately 1.5 hours of video lesson content with another recommended 3 hours of reflection, planning and implementing.
Who can access this course?
Make Math Moments Academy Members.
30-day Money-Back Guarantee and you can cancel anytime.
PLUS Academy Members can access over 10 other courses covering topics like Teaching Math Remotely, Assessment, Math EdTech Tools, Conceptualizing the Fundamentals of Mathematics, Spiralling and many more! See all of the Academy Courses here.
Want to learn more about what other benefits you receive as an Academy Member? Click here to learn more.