Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Wooly Worm Race [Day 2]

Posted by Kyle Pearce on December 11, 2020 at 3:05 pm

How do you plan to use this task?

After reviewing the Teacher Guide, do you still have any wonders or worries?

Once you’ve used the task, be sure to share what modifications you made either before or during the task and what you might do differently next time

Kyle Pearce replied 10 months, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Danielle Murdoch

November 2, 2021 at 4:05 pm

Loving the tasks! SO great! I would love to be able to print these out for ease of use. I teach grade 6/7 and plan for all subjects, so I find it time consuming having to recreate the visuals for students to use. Projecting them is not always the best solution (it turns into a shmozzle of kids trying to find rulers, not having enough paper, etc…)

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
      November 3, 2021 at 6:53 am

This is an interesting idea… so a template of all the worms? I like it.

• Diane Hamilton

January 10, 2022 at 4:31 pm

Here’s the Brainingcamp workmat I made for question 2: WXG8DFE6

• Cori Thompson

January 21, 2022 at 1:54 pm

We tried this out today thank you! It was interesting how some kids did not line them up to compare, they kind ofmade groups and so they had a hard time comparing the fractions, but hopefully next time they will be able to realize lining them up is important.

• Diane Hamilton

January 11, 2022 at 12:11 pm

And here is a jamboard I used for the math talks:

https://jamboard.google.com/d/14dspHzwf5qqxb-i6p2u9C92vJFwVHhlLG_-UC3sKhc4/edit?usp=sharing

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
      January 22, 2022 at 7:33 am

Fantastic idea. Thanks for sharing!! I’m sure the conversations were rich!