fbpx

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Spiralling Math Class What Specific tools and procedures should I use when assessing by standards? – Discussion

• What Specific tools and procedures should I use when assessing by standards? – Discussion

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
    December 10, 2019 at 3:10 am

What was your big take away from this particular lesson?

What is something you are still wondering?

Share your thinking below.

• Steven Sevel

December 10, 2019 at 5:03 am

Jon and Kyle,

Thanks again for speaking with me and sharing the video. I am eager to start implementing what I have learned!

• Christopher Ernst

April 5, 2021 at 8:48 pm

Hey Steven! I’d love to hear an update on how this process went for you in your classroom and your reflections a year later? If you’ve already done this, I apologize! Also, obviously a little pandemic changed a lot of our plans!

• Jennifer L’Arrivee

December 10, 2019 at 5:03 am

I like the idea of an on-going assessment based on continual improvement and work, as opposed to the focus on the end grade. I need to wrap my head around the logistics of this change in my own classroom. Thanks!

• Lisa Hudson

June 24, 2020 at 7:27 pm

I would like my students to develop an attitude of constant improvement/learning deeper with more understanding as opposed to a “get-it-done” mentality. This will require a change in assessment on my part.

• Andy Neels

January 6, 2021 at 5:41 pm

Now I want to look into that fresh grade, but one bite at a time here! Thanks for the great insights.

• Christopher Ernst

April 5, 2021 at 8:52 pm

My biggest take-away was that as a teacher I need something to help me track a student’s growth but also show the student this growth as well. FG seems to be that thing that keeps coming up. I can be confident enough to give a student a grade on a LG, but a tool to help me and the student see the growth in their work and understanding can help both of us feel better about where they are at and where they need to go.

• Anthony Waslaske

July 24, 2021 at 11:28 pm

I appreciated this lesson because I wasn’t clear about the process. In a few words, it sounds like you are making a paper test digital by asking students to take photos of completed work. I am wondering if you are writing student feedback on the paper and writing feedback in Freshgrade. It sounds like double the work, so I question if that is what is going on. @jon Could you clarify that part?

• Jon Orr

Administrator
    July 25, 2021 at 7:23 am

I write feedback on the paper test. If a student readdresses a learning goal later by doing work from their portfolio and uploads that work with a picture then I may comment on that work on FreshGrade. I’m not providing feedback on the same piece of evidence twice.

• Leslie Stevens

August 2, 2021 at 10:19 am

I love how your tool and process allows for students to make choices on how to demonstrate their learning and post work (visuals) to the digital tool. My district uses an LMS called Schoology (newly implemented). I’m hoping I can figure out a way to use that system in a similar manner.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now