Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Curious Task Tool Talk Voting Booth [Day 2] – Discussion

• Voting Booth [Day 2] – Discussion

Posted by Kyle Pearce on April 23, 2021 at 1:34 pm

How do you plan to use this task?

After reviewing the Teacher Guide, do you still have any wonders or worries?

Once you’ve used the task, be sure to share what modifications you made either before or during the task and what you might do differently next time.

Kyle Pearce replied 1 year ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Lara Sawamukai

September 14, 2021 at 3:42 pm

I’m wondering whether I really will need to do these all on the board. Perhaps they can be used as a “set” (Is that what you call the sequence of increasingly complex examples?) for students to work on in groups at the board. Perhaps we do one as a whole class and then they work in groups on the next 4…
    Also, side note. Love all the materials! And in the teacher guide you use the names Sonya:Ali, where as in the math talk section you use Luca:Ali. Sonya already got used in day 1, so Luca is the one you want!

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
      September 16, 2021 at 6:36 am

Of course you can switch how you decide to go about these prompts. With a math talk, I tend to do them whole group simply to ensure that all students are seeing the models and progression. However, there are no hard fast rules!
      Thanks for the heads up in the teachers guide. We will make that edit now!