Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Progress Logs This Week’s Win! – 02/08/2020

• This Week’s Win! – 02/08/2020

Posted by Jon on February 8, 2020 at 1:28 pm

We know that an important part of teacher growth is reflection.

Take a moment to reflect on this week’s wins!

What went well this week for you?

What were you proud of?

Share a short story about your week win with the Math Moment Maker Community here to strengthen your growth.

Kyle Pearce replied 2 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Kyle Pearce

Administrator
    February 9, 2020 at 8:44 am

My win for this week was having the opportunity to learn with a teacher who was experiencing struggles getting her math class routine structured. I was invited in to model a lesson and then we co-planned next steps and I’m coming back this week to check-in. The experience was super positive and I’m excited for her as she continues to refine her craft.

What was YOUR big win for the week?

• Ann Hough

February 9, 2020 at 10:06 am

I invited my principal in to watch the notice and wonder. I used a Native American legend on how the bear lost his tail. Created algebraic math problems, but the students had the opportunity to solve the problems anyway they wanted too. The principal was very impressed how I took the “x” out of algebra.

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
      February 9, 2020 at 9:55 pm

That is fantastic to hear, @ann-hough!

Maybe you can invite your principal in on a regular basis to join you on this transformational journey? I’m wondering if there is a task in the Curiosity Task Tool area that you might want to try and co-teach with your admin?