fbpx

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections 2020 MMM Virtual Summit Thinking About Building Thinking Classrooms Across Contexts – Discussion

• Thinking About Building Thinking Classrooms Across Contexts – Discussion

• Jon Orr

Administrator
    November 7, 2020 at 4:17 pm

What was your big take away from this particular session?

What is something you are still wondering?

Share your thinking below.

• Carol Butel

November 15, 2020 at 11:24 pm

Wow I just loved this session. I feel there are so many take aways that I had to write a list of where to start…..

Listen to the 2 podcasts because I am so inspired by the discussion I heard. Go on the website and go through the 14 steps.

Read the blog on the website.

Download the thinking classrooms book so I can highlight and read over and over and then…

progressively implement these ideas in my own practice….

Thanks so much Peter and Judy.

There is so much professional richness in this discussion and so may places to go.

With gratitude……

Carol

New Zealand

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
      November 16, 2020 at 6:35 am

I couldn’t agree more. There is always something new to take away when listening to Peter and Judy speak.

What take away are you excited to put into practice immediately?

• Michelle Cutler-Smith

February 18, 2021 at 11:31 am

Random groups of three I’m going to cluster best I can desk wise and distance. I’m physically in person monitoring some classes when not teaching. First five minutes where our remote teacher speaks about a topic I will display digitally for all. I will also have them stand versus sitting… All are masked and distant from each other. Collaboration is important so I’ll check in with our teacher as to what part of the lesson is optimal.

• Jon Orr

Administrator
      February 18, 2021 at 1:54 pm

Great ideas @michelle.cutler-smith Grouping during COVID can be challenging. Doing it safely will be a great benefit for kids.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now