Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Steve’s Progress Log

Posted by Steven-Ryder Carter on September 3, 2020 at 12:37 pm

With the implementation of a new math curriculum…I want to ensure that students understand the value and importance of math through the social-emotional learning strand.

Goal 1: Help students develop confidence and cope with challenges and think critically.

Goal 2: I want students see themselves as capable and confident math learners.

Goal 3: I want students to learning from their mistakes so they can learn how to use strategies that work for them when working through challenges.

Time frame: All year long

Updates: Bi-Weekly

Kyle Pearce replied 2 years ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Kyle Pearce

Administrator
    September 4, 2020 at 6:43 am

Hi Steven!
    Great to bump into you here. This is a great start to your progress log.
    My wonder is what does your first days look like / sound like to help you get started on this journey?

• Steven-Ryder Carter

September 4, 2020 at 7:05 am

In the first few days I want to understand how each of the students feel about their own perception of math (journal entry, flip grid, conversation) and what they really enjoy about it and what it is they don’t like about it.

I want them to see (brainstorm) different ways math can be utilized in every day life and throughout the world (jobs, hobbies). Not just in the form on formulas, expressions, and procedures.

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
        September 5, 2020 at 8:29 am

Love it. Building that positive math culture is so important for getting started. Let us know how it goes!