Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Shot Put [Day 1]

Posted by Kyle Pearce on February 1, 2020 at 5:03 pm

How do you plan to use this task?

After reviewing the Teacher Guide, do you still have any wonders or worries?

Once you’ve used the task, be sure to share what modifications you made either before or during the task and what you might do differently next time.

Jennifer Barlow replied 11 months, 2 weeks ago 7 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Maggie Moor

February 24, 2020 at 11:44 am

My students came up with 66+8= 74!

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
      February 25, 2020 at 4:08 pm

Hey @Maggie-Moor

So did mine! Ha! I just tried Day 1 with a group yesterday and what do you know… I made an error with the visuals AND with the reveal video. All is fixed now. Sorry about that!

• Joanna Brown

October 8, 2020 at 4:41 am

Can this work with Cuisenaire rods?

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
      October 8, 2020 at 6:33 am

Absolutely and actually, one of the tools we recommend in the teachers guide is relational rods (another name for them).

Let us know how it goes!

• Javier Cabezas

November 30, 2020 at 8:54 am

Hi Kyle,

This task looks really good. One small thing I noticed in the Consolidation section is an error in the animation: Show Put 05 Sense Making Consolidation Number Line.m4v (in this folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f8JTc-sKB7sNZxRPKELnQ4DBTMVIV5tM)

The final jump (66+8) on the number line is labeled 72 instead of 74. Just an FYI.

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
      December 1, 2020 at 6:38 am

Whoops! I’m on it!

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
        December 2, 2020 at 1:08 pm

@javiercabezas All fixed up, good friend! Thanks for the heads up on this!

• Sarah Merrylees

March 14, 2021 at 11:35 pm

Hi Kyle

Used this task last year and loved it. Really appreciate the ppt format for kids being able to rewatch at home as most of us can’t stream at home in Nanjing.

Ready to have another play again this week. Thanks again.

Happy Teacher Appreciation Day for Wednesday.

PS I really appreciate being able to access these activities just from one easy place rather than having to flit between MrOrrisaGeek and TapintoTeenMinds.

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
      March 15, 2021 at 6:48 am

Amazing to hear! We are in the process of revamping our lessons into units. In time, they should all be over here ready to rock!

• Velia Kearns

August 19, 2021 at 2:38 pm

I imagine you Post day-by-day, not all 6 days all at once. Could you clarify?

• Jennifer Barlow

October 15, 2021 at 7:35 pm

I notice the video is not imbedded in the Powerpoint. Is there a way to add it?