Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Progress Logs Progress Log – Betina

• Progress Log – Betina

Posted by Betina Gross on May 14, 2019 at 12:54 am

The first goal that I would like to work on is spiraling my grade 6 curriculum for the next school year.

Task #1 – Review the spiraling information in this academy. Due: Tuesday, May 20

Kyle Pearce replied 3 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Betina Gross

May 19, 2019 at 10:18 am

Task #1 – complete!

Task #2 – Go through curriculum with a spiralling eye. Make connections between learning goals. Work through the Number strand – Due: May 26

• Betina Gross

July 22, 2019 at 6:17 pm

Ok so I have dropped the ball. I have gone through the curriculum but did not come close to the deadline. I am now going to work through the added items on the spiralling workshop (Case study) I hope to be done this by the end of the week. (July 26)

• Betina Gross

July 25, 2019 at 12:05 am

I finished the spiralling course and learned a great deal from Michael’s discussion with Kyle and Jon. I am going to rethink my spiralling. I am going to take the suggestions from Michael and start with my big ideas (which I have a good start on) and then look at the progressions. That is what I will work on until the end of the July. 

I will also start working on the Are you Being Picky Enough courses. 

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
    July 25, 2019 at 8:49 am

Way to keep yourself accountable! Goals and deadlines are great to set As long as we don’t beat ourselves up too hard if we happen to miss a deadline. 

Glad you found the spiralling case study helpful. I know @jon and I really enjoyed the conversation with @michaelrubin as well. 

Keep us posted on how the spiralling journey progresses.