Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Progress Log

Posted by Taylor Tripp on April 16, 2020 at 6:17 pm

Of course, my goals would be different if we were still within a more familiar face-to-face teaching situation but no sense dwelling on the past, right? I have a feeling I’m not alone in making goals that are more specific to our current distance-learning situation but that doesn’t mean goals can’t be made!

1. Connect with my students every day—this might seem simple but I have come to appreciate that the mental wellbeing of our students is, arguably, just as important (if not, more) than curricular learning during this time.

2. Learn the ways and functionalities of Google Classroom—a new learning management system (for me, at least) that has incredibly vast functionalities; I’m looking forward to becoming more and more familiar with it over time.

3. Ensure that math lessons are relevant and meaningful—I have definitely felt the temptation to use static webpages or worksheets to give students during this time but I also know that this doesn’t necessarily create long-lasting learning moments. I want to give my students at least one real-world question that opens their eyes to the relevance of math in their daily lives (of which there is plenty).

Looking forward to hearing feedback, suggestions, and collaborating!

Taylor Tripp replied 2 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.