Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Curious Task Tool Talk Planting Flowers Revisited [Day 2]

• Planting Flowers Revisited [Day 2]

Posted by Kyle Pearce on September 14, 2021 at 5:20 am

How do you plan to use this task?

After reviewing the Teacher Guide, do you still have any wonders or worries?

Once you’ve used the task, be sure to share what modifications you made either before or during the task and what you might do differently next time.

KATHRYN MACLEAN replied 10 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • KATHRYN MACLEAN

November 15, 2021 at 9:17 am

1. This is a great task for my 5/6 class though I am wondering how you would have them write the equations? I am thinking I would not have them answer the slides with the equation below as that is above their level? I am in Ontario too but usually teach ⅔ so I am just not sure. They have not used n before though I have no problem introducing it if you think it is helpful to jump right into that. I do find my kids this year are all over the map with covid though and I am generally teaching grade 4-6 expectations from every strand.

2. (related question) I am thinking of introducing the order of operations through a task like this where they see it is necessary or useful to them. Would you use this one or suggest another?