New teacher goals
My first year teaching math has taken a strange turn, but this is a great opportunity to reflect on the year so far, and my goals for next year.
Currently, I’d like to focus on the following…
1. Better mechanisms to encourage/facilitate student collaboration.
2. Learn about and prepare a 3-act math task. Evaluate tasks from Open Up Resources with new understanding (I relied heavily on OUR this year).
3. Odds and ends having to do with management and logistics: Distributing tasks to students, weekly routines, reviewing homework/assessments more effectively, student self-monitoring of progress, ideas for notes taking or anchor charts to make learning “stickier”…
4. Learn from other math teachers in the program.
5. Get as much as I can from the next 30 days — with a more specific goal to come.
Sorry, there were no replies found.