Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• New Member: Kim in Idaho

Posted by Kim Sudac on May 21, 2019 at 10:54 pm

Hi! I’m a 7th and 8th grade math teacher in Boise, ID. I’m finishing my fourth year of teaching. I’m a former engineer, and after taking time to raise two kids, I decided to pursue a long time dream to be a math teacher. Each year I’ve learned so much, and I am excited to really refine my practice through the information here. I’ve started listening to Kyle and Jon’s podcast, and I’m ready to put these ideas into practice.

Kim Sudac replied 3 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Sarah Albert

May 25, 2019 at 11:26 am

Hi Kim,

I also teach 8th grade but in Ohio. What do you think are the biggest differences between your 7th and 8th graders?

Sarah Albert

• Kim Sudac

June 12, 2019 at 10:45 pm

Hi Sarah,

My 8th graders are actually 7th graders taking 8th grade math.  I do see some huge changes in my 7th graders over the course of the year. I teach in a junior high, so they are coming from 6th grade in elementary school. The first few days of school are pretty stressful for them as they adjust to having so many different teachers and a locker for the first time.  After the first few weeks, they start to settle in, and by the end of the year they are old pros!  Most 7th graders really mature a lot over the school year. It’s always cool to see that happen. Last year was a really good one. We had many super kind students who worked hard and (hopefully) learned a lot!

I hope your summer is off to a good start!

Kim