Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Introduce Yourself New Member: Karen Bloom from Oakland, CA, USA

• New Member: Karen Bloom from Oakland, CA, USA

Posted by Karen Bloom on July 25, 2020 at 6:49 pm
    • Who you are? I am Karen Bloom!
    • Where are you? I live in Oakland, CA, USA and teach next door in Piedmont, CA, USA
    • What’s your role in education? I am a middle school math teacher.
    • What grade levels do you teach? I teach 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. This year I will be focused on 6th grade mostly.
    • What’s your background? I grew up in Voorhees, NJ, USA in Camden County. I went to Goucher College in Towson, MD, USA and majored in applied mathematics. I then went to the University of Cincinnati (OH, USA) to get my teacher certification. I taught for one year in Hamilton, OH (one hour north of Cincinnati, junior high grades 7-9), one year in Blue Ash, OH (suburb of Cincinnati, senior high), two years in Tarrytown, NY, USA at the Hackley School (grades 9-12), one year in Sydney, Australia (subbing and tutoring aka casual teaching and coaching), 2 years in Barrington, RI, USA at St. Andrew’s School (grades 9-12), then I took 10 years off to be a stay at home mom. I went back to teaching in 2012 at Piedmont Middle School where I am still teaching.
    • Any cool stories to tell? Yes. What kind of stories do you want to hear?
    • Why did you join the Making Math Moments Academy? I need support with distance learning.
    Karen Bloom replied 2 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.