Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Introduce Yourself New Member: Joy Fast from Delta, BC

• New Member: Joy Fast from Delta, BC

Posted by Joy Fast on October 29, 2021 at 12:45 pm

Hello, my name is Joy Fast. I live in Langley, BC and work on the traditional and unceded territories of the Tsawwassen and Musqueam First Nations in beautiful Delta, BC (just outside of Vancouver, BC). I am super excited to be a member of the community and have been a long time listener of Jon and Kyle’s podcast. I have taught for 20+ years in mostly Kindergarten and Grade One. I have recently moved into a new role with the Delta School District as Coordinator of Primary Learning (K-5). I am currently taking my Masters in Mathematics Education from UBC. I am in a cohort that is called Teaching and Learning Mathematics in Community. I currently have lots on my plate, as I know we all do, but I was lucky enough to win this membership through the Northwest Mathematics Conference and so I will take advantage of this opportunity to learn more as much as I can while I am here.

Kyle Pearce replied 9 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Kyle Pearce

Administrator
    November 1, 2021 at 6:18 am

Hi Joy! Great to have you here. Congrats on your new role! We are looking forward to learning alongside you 🙂