Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Introduce Yourself New Member – Jodie from Australia

• New Member – Jodie from Australia

Posted by Jodie Walton on November 23, 2019 at 6:39 am

Hi, my name is Jodie and I am a year 6 teacher at Australind Primary School, Western Australia.  I have been teaching in primary schools for many years and have always loved the challenging of teaching maths.  At the beginning of this year, I had the opportunity to participate in a pilot programme called Champions of Maths run by Scitech and sponsored by Alcoa. Through this programme, I was introduced to the latest studies in maths and to people such as Jo Boaler, Dan Finkel, Liljedahl and Hattie.

When I found out about the Virtual Summit I was thrilled to think that I could actually see these people speak, putting a face to the name. I decided to take the opportunity to join the academy so that I could find out more about the latest research, re-watch the videos and upskill myself with the possibility of sharing with my fellow staff members.

Jon replied 2 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Jon

Administrator
    November 25, 2019 at 6:04 pm

Awesome stuff Jodie! We’re so happy to have been a part of that learning for you! What would you say is your biggest struggle right now that you’re looking to improve on?