Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Introduce Yourself New Member: Jessica from Denver, Fourth grade

• New Member: Jessica from Denver, Fourth grade

Posted by jessica_wainman on June 7, 2020 at 11:15 am

Hi Everyone,

I am so excited to be here. I have been interested in joining this since my friend and mentor, Rebecca, recommended it. We are doing the Workshop together, with another amazing teammate, Duffy. I hope to learn how to balance using tasks that are sufficiently challenging for my students and deeply learning the standards for our grade and beyond!

• Who you are? I have been teaching for 21 years. I taught Dual Immersion (Spanish), English as a Foreign Language, English Language Development, and am currently teaching a large Gifted and Talented cluster in fourth grade.
    • Where are you? I am in Denver, CO and have been here for the last 12 years. I am from San Diego, CA and taught there for years. In addition, I taught in South Korea.
    • Any cool stories to tell? My husband and I love to travel. We currently travel the summers in Europe and/or North America. This year is only the States, as our travel to Europe was cancelled. We drag the kids along with us, usually willingly, although with my 13 year old, that is less and less often 🙂
    jessica_wainman replied 2 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Kyle Pearce

Administrator
    June 7, 2020 at 12:28 pm

Welcome!

Sounds like you’ve got a desire to make your lessons more problem based and interactive! Plus, you love travelling! We will certainly get along!

Have you checked out any of the tasks in the academy?

• jessica_wainman

June 13, 2020 at 2:08 pm

Hi Kyle,
      I haven’t checked them out yet but I’m so excited to get into them. Been working through the weeks of lessons.

Where are some favoring places you’ve traveled to?

Hugs,
      Jessica