Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Introduce Yourself New Member: Jennifer from Kansas City, MO

• New Member: Jennifer from Kansas City, MO

Posted by Jennifer Scheneman on March 18, 2020 at 5:17 pm

My name is Jennifer Scheneman and I work for a charter school in Kansas City MO with a pool of very diverse and wonderful students. We have a high population of ELL students and first generation immigrants. The staff is very dedicated and a wonderful team! I am a paraprofessional with a degree in mathematics (switched from education my senior year of college). I was a middle/senior high youth director for 20+ years and that changed 2 years ago when I switched churches and joined this staff where I had been volunteering.

My job has changed drastically over the last year and a half. I have gone from part time teacher task/administrative help to full time paraprofessional helping in different classrooms to now only working with math intervention students (and trying to put together a math intervention process in place) k-3. I have been challenged, intrigued, fascinated, overwhelmed, and supported in this process.

With the shut down of our schools for a few weeks (at least), I wanted to take this opportunity to dig deeper. You all have provided a way for me to do that virtually and give this a whirl. Thanks for that! Looking forward to learning lots!

Dee Davis replied 2 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Dee Davis

March 18, 2020 at 5:29 pm

Hi Jennifer. I joined for similar reasons. Hope you are doing well with this change in our schools right now. 🙂