Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Introduce Yourself New Member: Grace Sadler from Toronto, Ontario

• New Member: Grace Sadler from Toronto, Ontario

Posted by Graziella Sadler on June 2, 2020 at 3:21 pm

Hello! My name is Grace Sadler. I live in Toronto and am an elementary teacher of 12 years. I spent the past 6 years teaching Grades 1 to 5 science in a private school but am now in the public school system teaching Grade 5/6.

I went to high school with Kyle so I feel super impressed and proud to be a part of something he had a role in creating. I joined because I felt it was time to focus on math now that I’m teaching multiple subjects. In my current placement, I discovered how math is not as beloved by students as science was in my previous teaching experience. I also discovered that finding success in math as a student does not mean one is particularly skilled in teaching math. So here I am!

Jon replied 2 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Natalie VanWyngaarden

June 3, 2020 at 12:23 pm

Like yourself I too wanted to focus on math PD. Science involves experiments or hands-on learning and connections to real life issues so students would enjoy it.

• Jon

Administrator
    June 4, 2020 at 9:04 am

@graziella-sadler Welcome! Small world for sure that you went to school with Kyle! I’d love to hear all about Kyle in HS! We’re pumped to learn with you on how you can turn around math love for your students.