Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Introduce Yourself New Member: Elisha from Toronto, Ontario!

• New Member: Elisha from Toronto, Ontario!

Posted by Elisha Horbay on July 12, 2019 at 4:56 pm

Hello! I’m Elisha Horbay from Toronto, Ontario. I teach grade 8 and am the special education teacher to grade 6-8 students. I have been teaching for 12 years and am constantly looking for new ways to engage my students. Kind of helps that I am interested in the whole concept of learning! I struggled with reading and writing as a kid, so math was my safe place. Eventually went on to study math in university and ultimately knew that I wanted to teach students to love math the way I did. At the same time fully knowing that how I was taught wouldn’t work for everyone. This year as I looked for new ways to introduce concepts I came across Kyle and Jon’s work, ended up registering in the Making Math Moments that Matter workshop and learned SO MUCH there that becoming a member of the Academy made logical sense. And here I am, now that the school year is over, finally getting a chance to dive into all the Academy has to offer. Looking forward to this journey! 

Kyle Pearce replied 3 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Kyle Pearce

Administrator
    July 15, 2019 at 9:10 pm

Hi Elisha! Welcome to the Academy!

Amazing to see you continuing to build your math pedagogical and content knowledge after already taking the online workshop. AWESOME SAUCE!

We are so excited to have you in the community!