Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Introduce Yourself New Member: Carrie Winland, Ohio, USA

• New Member: Carrie Winland, Ohio, USA

Posted by Carrie Winland on January 26, 2021 at 1:32 pm

<div>My name is Carrie Winland. I teach 9th grade algebra in a rural school in southeastern Ohio. I am in my 8th year of teaching and am feeling like there has to be a better way! I’m even boring myself recently while teaching, so I know these students have to be feeling disinterested and unengaged. I’m searching to be re-inspired and re-energized because I know when I’m excited about math, it transfers to my students. I want my class to be something students remember. I’ve been lurking in the shadows in the Facebook group, listening to the podcasts, and scouring the website. I finally decided to pull the trigger and spend some of my free time (that’s me making a joke) revamping my math course.</div>

Kyle Pearce replied 1 year, 10 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Kyle Pearce

Administrator
    January 27, 2021 at 7:48 am

We feel you! The reason @jon and I started this journey was because we were in the same boat. There IS a better way – it takes time, effort and reflection, but you’re in the right place to help make the path smoother!

Glad you’re committing some of your “free” time (ha! Ya right!). You’re clearly a dedicated educator. Love it! Welcome to the Academy!