Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Introduce Yourself New Kid on the Block from PA

• New Kid on the Block from PA

Posted by Rosemary Piso on December 4, 2022 at 9:28 pm

Hello All! My name is Rose Piso and I am a grades 5/6 math interventionist. I was a gen.ed. teacher for 27 years and then got the opportunity to move to my current position as an interventionist 5 years ago. I have visited this site many times to use the tasks, but most recently I attended the virtual summit. When I realized there was NO WAY I could watch all of the presenters I wanted to watch in that one weekend, I decided I better join the academy so I could take my time and see all of the awesome presentations.

I have always loved to teach elementary math, but when I moved to this new role, I became obsessed with finding ways to make math meaningful for the students with whom I work. I have a 50-minute commute to work each day, so I use that time to listen to podcasts and have really increased my math knowledge and abilities. I guess you really can teach an old dog new tricks.

I am excited to use the academy to add to my tool kit and help my students make great math moments.

Rosemary Piso replied 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.