Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Water Cooler Needs of a teacher when adopting a new curriculum

• Needs of a teacher when adopting a new curriculum

Posted by Jessie Fries-Kraemer on March 18, 2020 at 9:38 am

My school is set to adopt a new curriculum for the 2020-2021 school year. I am wondering what people feel that they need the most when going through a school wide change such as this? I will probably have the opportunity to provide 6 optional summer sessions to the faculty and I want to design these to be as useful as possible. What do teachers feel like they need most to be supported through a change?

Ali Pravda Haas replied 2 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Ali Pravda Haas

March 18, 2020 at 3:09 pm

I have only done a new curriculum from scratch once. It was helpful to divide and conquer as much as we could (i.e. we were each responsible for one of the new units), but this didn’t really help those that weren’t planning the first unit (thus, if it can be done beforehand, that’d be ideal).

Additionally, a place to store and easily access accumulated resources (we used OneNote, and “OneStop”–I think this is only our division though); an agreed upon way to store and organize material.