Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Maggie's Progress Log

Posted by Margaret Buchanan on July 2, 2019 at 10:30 pm

-I want to take the best parts of my current math curriculum from Math-6, and for Pre-Algebra, understand them in new ways, and make them even better. 

-I want to take the parts of our current curriculum that aren’t as good as I know they can be, and strive to understand how best to improve them. 

(We use two old curriculums, which both have a lot of great elements in them: Creative Publications’ Mathscapes (grades 6-8) and Mathlands (grade 6). 

-One of my goals is to reorient my approach to the framework of the NCTM standards’ strands and process goals.  

-I want to better articulate what I do in the classroom, and why. 

-I do a lot of math in my science classes, and I want to be more intentional and effective in how I do this, particularly involving Measurement and Data Analysis and Probability.

Katrien Vance replied 3 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Kyle Pearce

Administrator
    July 2, 2019 at 11:09 pm

@MargaretBuchanan

I’m loving the goals that you’ve set for yourself in your progress log. It is clear that your beliefs are in the right place; now, we just need to support one another to keep working to put these ideas into action! Love it! Keep us posted, will ya?

• Katrien Vance

July 4, 2019 at 1:59 pm

Hi, Maggie!  Happy 4th of July!  I love the way you’ve stated these goals; keep all of these phrases for use with parents at Back-to-School Night and in conferences and evals…

Check out my progress log for the map I made for you and me this summer–we’ve already accomplished a lot of it!