Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Posted by Jared Sliger on May 30, 2022 at 9:59 am

I am in the middle of this video and will post more here later, but I am watching the math before bed section…and I know you created the video after that all happened, but what program are you using to create those videos? In Rule #4 of your “Is this worth it?” section of the video you talked about weighing the bang for the buck of the lesson. I would love to have smooth videos like this, but it would take me a year to make that short little video about what your daughters said in the MBB talk.

Kyle Pearce replied 6 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jared Sliger

May 30, 2022 at 10:16 am

They are all amazing. I think the which one doesn’t belong would cause amazing discussions, especially if they have done some of the normal ones first. I am presenting at a conference on Tuesday and I think I might be stealing the Mullet one…that is glorious.

In my classroom I could see using the would you rathers as starter problems because it forces students/groups to choose a side and then defend their choice…whether it is with math…or not math related.

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
      May 31, 2022 at 6:39 am

Glad you enjoyed this lesson. Also think of how you might use these structures to address the concet(s) you’re working on currently vs picking random topics as you go… that can ensure you don’t feel pressed for time as the school year goes on.

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
    May 31, 2022 at 6:38 am

Bang for the buck is so key. We put a little extra in mostly because we know we will be sharing with a wide audience. We also get a huge amount of joy out of doing that work… so it fuels us to keep going. The main point is to constantly think how you can apply the curiosity path in ways that aren’t going to take you forever and a day to transform your lessons. Hope this helps!