Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Progress Logs Kristopher Taft's Progress Log

• Kristopher Taft's Progress Log

Posted by Kristopher Taft on February 4, 2020 at 2:58 pm

As a mentor and coach of teachers my goals are a bit different than if I was in the classroom, but I’m planning on going back, so I’m going to keep in mind both of my roles.

1. Refine my 2 minute elevator pitch on WHY math instruction needs an overhaul in our district.

2. Get better at engaging and hooking students who have already written off math because (fill in excuse).

3. Improve on using existing curriculum in a more engaging way so that creating math lesson for all of the learners in my classroom doesn’t take me ALL night to plan.

4. More coming…

Kyle Pearce replied 2 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Kyle Pearce

Administrator
    February 5, 2020 at 9:45 pm

Great start to the progress log, @kristopher-taft

Any chance you can share with us your current elevator pitch? I’m a big fan of “elevator pitches” and often use that expression when I’m working with administrators on their School Improvement Plans… If you can’t say it in the time it takes to ride the elevator, then it is likely that there isn’t anyone in the building with clarity around those goals either!