Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Progress Logs Kristin’s Progress Log

• Kristin’s Progress Log

Posted by Kristin Ellis on August 10, 2021 at 12:31 pm

Step one: Goal Setting

My primary goal currently is to find ways to integrate problem based learning into my COVID classroom. With restrictions to how we can use resources and share thinking I feel I need help with this. In addition, I would like to begin to create a roadmap for myself; aligning problem based tasks with the new Ontario Math Curriculum so that I do not feel like I have to resort to the textbook to find lessons that will cover the required material. Lastly, I feel that I need to find a way to be comfortable fitting some textbook work into my classroom as not every teacher in my building is as open to deviating from the textbook as I am.

Kristin Ellis replied 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Kyle Pearce

Administrator
    August 11, 2021 at 7:07 am

Great progress log goals!

Might I suggest you check out the transforming your textbook into a curiosity machine course? That might be a good middle ground so you and your team can work collaboratively without rocking the boat too quickly/aggressively.

• Kristin Ellis

August 11, 2021 at 9:55 am

Thanks for that suggestion – that sounds like a good place to start. I also just finished listening to Podcast 139 and have ideas rolling around in my head about how to switch more thoroughly to Standards Based grading this year. I’m definitely going to check out the Assessment and Evaluation course.