Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Progress Logs Jeremy S’s progress log

• Jeremy S’s progress log

Posted by Jeremy Sarzana on March 4, 2022 at 6:55 pm

I just wanted to start to brainstorm some goals. Here are some ideas I have:

1. Start implementing VNPS’s in my classroom. I just bought a pack from Wipebook. I want to find out how best to use them in my classroom.

2. I am a co-teacher and I wish to slowly start implementing many of the great ideas from Making math moments, such as student portfolios, assessment for growth, and implementing the rich tasks. My problem is how will this work as I’m working with a traditional teacher (who is open-minded). I believe I can find a way to make our two styles work together.

3. I want to start a checklist or something of this nature as I am unorganized and in need of de-cluttering.

Jeremy Sarzana replied 8 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Kyle Pearce

Administrator
    March 5, 2022 at 7:04 am

Great to hear that you’re excited to dig into VNPS right away. Keep in mind that the entirety of the lesson or all lessons don’t require that students are at the boards, however it is always nice when there is a problem solving prompt that students engage at the boards.

It is always great that you have a partner teacher and it sounds like one that is collaborative and open to trying new ideas!

As for decluttering – I think that is a process that can be slow and steady as you continually refine your practice. Have you checked out any of the guides from our problem based math units? That might help?

• Jeremy Sarzana

March 5, 2022 at 10:17 pm

Thank you for the feedback. I will start looking into the guides for the problem based math units.

• Jeremy Sarzana

March 11, 2022 at 7:05 am

I have an additional goal. I wish to start using student portfolios in the classroom. I’m going to take the Assessment for Growth course and look into Fresh Grade as well