Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• I hate this

Posted by Ella Platt on April 10, 2020 at 10:06 am

What do you want to achieve?

I want to be better: Better at connecting with and engaging students. Encouraging discussion and sharing of ideas. Not yelling.

This will be YOUR thread.

I just want to do it and not blog about it, but for some reason I feel like my reluctance to do this means I need to do it EVEN MORE. Which makes me hate it EVEN MORE. Ironic.

Choose an update schedule and STICK TO IT. Remember, you’re in charge of your own progress. I recommend updating your practice log weekly.

BAHHHH!!! Weekly?!?! Grumble grumble grumble. Ok. F. I. N. E!!!

Ella Platt replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Kyle Pearce

Administrator
    April 10, 2020 at 10:13 am

@ella-platt​ This might be the best Progress Log to date :).

I love your willingness to be vulnerable; open and honest. That is the only way we can all serve one another to get better.

While we can all keep a personal progress log “hidden”, the accountability is so much greater when we post it in the community.

Loving that you’re willing to give it a go! 🙂

• Ella Platt

April 17, 2020 at 2:42 pm

So I am taking a graduate course at the moment, and that is taking most of my online learning time (as opposed to my online teaching time). I did manage to log in to (this drives me nuts, is it login to, or log in to, or log into?) one of the Q and A zoom sessions this week and got a few ideas for websites. I shared one as well (someone shared braining camp which is temporarily free but I shared https://mathsbot.com/#Manipulatives which is always free and very similar).

Anyway… doing stuff and trying to be accountable.

So. There.