Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Q & A Calls How do we embed improvement into our class culture? – Discussion

• How do we embed improvement into our class culture? – Discussion

Posted by Kyle Pearce on July 29, 2022 at 7:58 am

What are your big take-aways from this video?

What are you hoping to implement now?

What will you need more time to reflect on prior to implementing?

Lisa Hudson replied 3 months, 4 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Lisa Hudson

July 30, 2022 at 6:02 pm

I moved to part-time teaching 5 years ago and I can attest to the fact that it is easy to continue to work the same number of hours that you do as a full-time teacher, especially if you are dedicated to your students! I have also found that as I get older, I am slower at grading, making lesson plans, etc. So I agree with everyone that it is important to take time for yourself.

One thing that I did last year was to do weekly quizzes for the majority of the year. My students became used to the routine. I was able to encourage those who needed to make corrections/ improvements to come either before school or during lunch for the 1-on-1 helo they needed. I also continually spiraled old concepts throughout the year on the quizzes and I saw a gradual “sticking” of the material as the year progressed. I plan to be more diligent this coming year to track progress on a standards chart.