fbpx

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Spiralling Math Class How do I set up Assessments & Evaluations? – Discussion

• How do I set up Assessments & Evaluations? – Discussion

Kyle Pearce updated 8 months ago 4 Members · 6 Posts
  • Kyle Pearce

Administrator
    December 10, 2019 at 3:17 am

What was your big take away from this particular lesson?

What is something you are still wondering?

Share your thinking below.

• Lisa Hudson

June 24, 2020 at 10:54 pm

My assessments should be a means to help kids get better at the math instead of just a way to get a mark in the grade book.

My question concerns the use of your mastery days. You have a 75 minute period and from what I understand you spend the first 50 minutes or so having students review work on old mastery papers to glean more understanding followed by the new mastery quiz which will take only 20 minutes. Would you use the same process in a 45 minute period?

• Andy Neels

January 20, 2021 at 5:16 pm

Liking the idea presented by Jon on the mastery days and having students re write till they get 100% on their work.

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
      January 21, 2021 at 7:01 am

Awesome. Any thoughts on how that might be implemented in your context?

• Christopher Ernst

April 5, 2021 at 9:38 pm

My big takeaway was that constantly giving opportunities in class to use feedback on top of having the portfolios open to improvement gives students the opportunities to see and show growth.

I’m wondering with quizzes being broken down by LG, when/how do you grade/rate learning shown in a quiz as opposed to a task working in groups? Does individual learning shown or individually taking feedback and improving their work mean more than work shown in a group?

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
      April 6, 2021 at 6:30 am

Great question about formatively assessing in a group. I think it always comes down to what do you want to know from a specific student. Directing the questions to an individual student can get you more precise data for thst specific student, but again I like using my questioning as a way to push the thinking more than for my own recording / record keeping.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now