Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Hi From Pennsylvania

Posted by Erica Lee on October 17, 2019 at 9:19 pm

My name is Erica Lee. I am a math educator and teacher leader(coach) at my school. I teach in a public school in Philadelphia . I teach students in grades 9-12 at my school in the 5 classes I teach this year. This year I have geometry, regular statistics and AP Statistics. Ive been teaching for 13 years and most of that has been at my current school. 

I started listening to edu podcasts because I needed to hear from teachers who were excited and inspired to be educators. Your podcast put me on notice! Teaching traditional was not the most effective teaching I could do for my students I know I needed to change, they deserved better. The start of this year, I’m off to the races with the thinking classroom protocol in place, that has already made a huge difference in my students attitudes and participation in class.

I love the idea of having a community that can support through this transition. And since I coach teachers and conduct PD for our math Department that has grades 5-12, I get a real chance to spread the wealth.

Erica Lee replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Jon

Administrator
    October 25, 2019 at 7:32 am

Welcome Erica! ( @ericalee )

We’re looking forward to joining on your teaching journey! It was also great to chat with you lie this past Wednesday! 

• Erica Lee

October 25, 2019 at 8:10 pm

Same, I feel very grateful for the conversation. Thank you so much for the time. Already trying to apply my new bit of understanding.

Erica