Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• HELLO FROM OREGON

Posted by Jan Peery on May 13, 2019 at 1:42 pm

Hello everyone!  I am a high school math teacher at a Charter School on the Oregon Coast.  I started teaching math 3 years ago at a school where students are learning math and other core subjects through an online curriculum.  I am always available to tutor students one-on-one through their math courses whenever they get stuck.  Students are able to learn math at their own pace which is great for some of them.  For others, they get stuck often and are too embarrassed to ask for help.  I have students at all different levels of math skills entering our school.  Some of them have math skills as low as 5th or 6th grade. It is difficult to try to catch them up to Algebra 1 and Geometry and above so they can graduate.

I am looking forward to learning how to teach math effectively so I can better serve our students.  I would like to have a math class of my own where I can go through a good math curriculum and help students learn math and fall in love with it.

Kind regards,

Jan Peery

Kyle Pearce replied 3 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Kyle Pearce

Administrator
    June 15, 2019 at 9:46 pm

Sounds like an interesting experience you are receiving by teaching through an online curriculum. Are they learning independently at home or are they at school, just progressing at their own pace independently?

Welcome to the Academy. So glad to have you here!

Kyle