Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Hello from Michigan!

Posted by Robin Bott on November 29, 2019 at 9:47 am

I am teaching math and language arts to 6th graders this year.  I have been teaching for over 20 years, but it has been many years since I have gotten to teach math.  I have listened to some of your podcasts and watched some of the virtual summit.  These resources are helping me create a vision (and a reality) of what I want my students’ math experience to be.  I am really looking forward to holiday break when I will have lots of time to learn more AND think about how to implement it in my classroom.

Kyle Pearce replied 2 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jon

Administrator
    December 3, 2019 at 5:49 am

Hey there Robin, 

Welcome! We’re glad you’re here with us in this community. Let us know what we can do to support you best! 

• Robin Bott

December 14, 2019 at 6:36 am

Hi Jon, Just creating and sharing this website is an amazing support!  There is so much for me to explore here.  I am glad the holiday break is coming and I will have some big chunks of time to delve deeper.  Thank you for sharing all of your thinking.  It is making me a better teacher.

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
        December 15, 2019 at 8:42 pm

Hi @Robin-Bott!
        Welcome to the Academy. We are so glad to hear how excited you are as you begin this new learning journey with us. Thank goodness for all of that extra time you’ll have over the holidays! Be sure to carve out some chunks explicitly in your schedule, because we know how fast those holidays fly by!

Welcome and let us know how we can help!