Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Hello from Massachusetts

Posted by Amy Rensko on September 9, 2020 at 4:28 pm

I teach grade 6 math in suburban Boston. This will be my 20th year teaching. I have spent most of that time teaching math in the middle school grades (grades 5-8). We are starting classes with students next week using a hybrid model (half class cohorts in person x2 per week and remote x3 per week). Should be an interesting and challenging year.

Kyle Pearce replied 2 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Natalie VanWyngaarden

September 9, 2020 at 7:53 pm

Hi! My name is Natalie. I am teaching all in person but wearing a mask and shield. Last year was the first year I taught grade 7 Math. Due to the changes in numbers I will be teaching grade 6 Math, grade 6 English, grade 6 art, grade 7 English, grade 7 art and grade 7 Math. One of the classes will be a split 6/7. It will be a busy year for sure. I just found out about these subjects last week so of course I am busily gathering and planning for the upcoming year. This will be a great course to gain insight into Math. Enjoy!

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
    September 10, 2020 at 6:32 am

Wow – everyone is still seemingly being bumped grades and subjects as the dust continues to settle on this new school year. Challenging indeed… let’s all stick together to help one another!