Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Introduce Yourself Hello from Lusby, Maryland

• Hello from Lusby, Maryland

Posted by Nancy Murphy on October 29, 2021 at 6:09 am

Looking forward to discovering ways in which we can engage our fifth graders in authentic math using the required textbook/online resource, required daily number talks, and limited less than 60 minute math block to close the gap in 42 out of the 44 students I co-teach.

Kyle Pearce replied 9 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Kyle Pearce

Administrator
    October 29, 2021 at 6:44 am

That is quite the challenge, but I know you’ll find some great ideas here. Sounds like your resource is picked for you. In that case, check out the transforming your textbook course first!

• Nancy Murphy

October 29, 2021 at 6:52 am

Will do!

• Nancy Murphy

October 29, 2021 at 9:41 am

Finished the webinar…Still struggling with our next unit in the textbook which we are combining…Read, write and compare decimals…Started a PP…might switch to Keynote once I figure out how to use that…with a think, notice, wonder using a photo finish image with decimal times at the top…image partially covered…

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
        November 1, 2021 at 6:19 am

Yay hats a great start. Did you check out the Wooly Worm Race unit? It takes you from comparing fractions to comparing decimals and percentages.