Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Introduce Yourself Hello from Gretchen in eastern Iowa

• Hello from Gretchen in eastern Iowa

Posted by Gretchen Eastman on July 9, 2019 at 12:01 am

I am Gretchen Eastman and teach mostly middle school math for Springville Community Schools in Springville, Iowa. (Just east of Cedar Rapids, IA) I just finished my 28th year in education. I joined the academy because I would like to learn more. I follow Kyle and John on Twitter and am working my way through the MMM podcast this summer. (Currently on episode #7). The two areas I want to focus on this summer are improving how I teach problem-solving with my students. I would also like to do some spiraling of our curriculum rather than teach the content in “silos” (Kyle and John word for how our curriculum tends to get taught). I am also reading up on how to better help students who have behavior issues in class. I find that math classes tend to stress kids and cause frustration, which more and more kids struggle to handle. I look forward to learning with everyone here at the academy.

Gretchen Eastman replied 3 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.