Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Hello from a YOOPER.

Posted by June Cotter on November 13, 2020 at 8:55 pm

Hello from the snowy UP (Upper Peninsula) of Michigan! I am teaching Students with Disabilities, and may move to a self contained CI program if it gets passed by our powers that be next week. My students range from those with minor learning disabilities or Other health impairments (ADHD or a medication controlled seizure disorder) to a fairly severe cognitive impairment or combined disability. We teach virtually, are a virtual school serving all of Michigan. Most of our students qualify for free lunch. While it seems my students have a lot stacked against them (many are in single parent homes, many are SOC), they have a lot going for them too, including positive attitudes; a carefully selected group of teachers that is constantly working to be better; and a school that is working on our partnerships all the time. We have THE BEST people, the best students, and the best school I have ever, in 22 years, worked at. I look forward to becoming the best math teacher I can be! – June

Jon replied 1 year, 10 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Jon

Administrator
    November 18, 2020 at 6:28 pm

Welcome @june-cotter Sounds like you are in a great place! Welcome to the best online community for Math PD and support! Looking forward to working with you. What would you say right now is “pebble in your shoe?”