Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Posted by Beau Gulliford on May 13, 2020 at 1:01 pm

Beau Gulliford here. I am from Missouri but have been teaching at the American School of Asuncion in Paraguay since 2013. I am the (only) grade 7/8 mathematics teacher at my school. I currently teach Math 7, Pre-Algebra and Algebra. I didn’t go into education until I hit my 30’s. I received my bachelors in business from University of Missouri and then headed south to Springfield and received my MBA. During my time at Missouri State University I studied abroad in France and that sparked my curiosity to travel and learn about new cultures, language and try new foods. All while meeting life long friends along the way. After a few years of working business and as an international student advisor I decided to give education a try. I received my MAT from Central Missouri State and taught two years in the states. I still had the itch to travel/work internationally so I went to a conference and got hired here at ASA in 2013. I planned on staying two years and then heading somewhere else. But as well all know life doesn’t go as planned. During my second year I met my wife(paraguayan) and well I am still here as we welcomed a son in 2018 and are expecting another in October. I am currently in my 7th year here at ASA. With covid-19 the Paraguayan gov’t has decided to have online classes until the end of this year (December 2020). I joined Making Math Moments b/c just like a student I am looking to spark my curiosity. I felt like I have been in a rut lately and need to spice it up a lil bit.

Jon replied 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Jon

Administrator
    May 15, 2020 at 8:15 am

Welcome @beau-gulliford

Wow! A world traveller for sure. Congrats on the new coming baby.

We’re excited that you are eager to learn.