Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Green Screen

Posted by Jon on February 15, 2020 at 9:34 am

How do you plan to use this task?

After reviewing the Teacher Guide, do you still have any wonders or worries?

Once you’ve used the task, be sure to share what modifications you made either before or during the task and what you might do differently next time.

Natalie VanWyngaarden replied 2 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Matthew Makuch

February 15, 2020 at 9:36 am

I really like the different versions of the Green Screen Task. I can see the same task being used multiple times throughout the year. Could I suggest a sixth using friendly elementary numbers? 75 x 60 for the sheet and 375×240 for the room?

I also think an option of 70×60 and 385x220might be good for elementary kids to get into thinking fractions.

I suppose a part of this could be up to kids to make those changes on their own, but early in the year guiding them to it is probably what I will need to do.

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
      February 23, 2020 at 9:13 pm

Loving these ideas!! Definitely helpful for others who might be thinking about leveraging this task!

• Natalie VanWyngaarden

May 31, 2020 at 1:21 pm

I have students whom have strong math facts and can jump to the 84000 divided by 4200 but have issues with showing models in part because they haven’t had a lot of exposure.