Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Posted by Marcy Labonte on November 17, 2020 at 1:35 pm

1. Students are struggling with all of the open ended/messy questions/rich tasks presented to them in math as a new way of learning. Teachers are also feeling overwhelmed when they are watching their students struggling and becoming frustrated with these tasks. As a numeracy facilitator, I would like to find ways to help them learn to embrace these tasks and see them as a key part in their math program. Some beginning questions I have: How much of our programming should be these types of tasks? What are some strategies I can provide teachers that will help them to help their students succeed with these types of tasks? How can I increase positive attitudes and student engagement in terms of these types of tasks?

2. Resource sharing. I would like to provide our teachers with an easy way to access resources. I thought about having them organized by high-impact instructional strategies but would also like to organize them by grade and strand.

3. What is the best way for me, as a numeracy facilitator, to assist teachers in my board with the new curriculum? I need to know what they need from me. What are they finding challenging? What are their questions/concerns? What is the best way for me to get this information?

Marcy Labonte replied 1 year, 10 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.