Elisha's Progress Log
End result – teach grade 8 math with a spiraled approach.
– read Jo Boaler’s Mathematical Mindset: Completed, bloody brilliant
– read Making Number Talks Matter: waiting for it to arrive
– outline Ontario grade 8 math expectations in a way that spirals: pretty much completed, may need some revision, currently taped and colour coded on my wall – so will need to type up
– figure out a basic template for weekly assessments and for end of cycle assessment
– then find tasks to fit with expectations: should be able to use many bookmarked from previous year, but need to organize into new ‘order.’
– first week activities: focus on mindset and expectations for collaboration
All said and done by August 23rd.