Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
    February 14, 2021 at 6:38 am

Hi @valerie-silver!

We are not familiar with Donors Choose, so I’m thinking we are probably not a vendor.

Can you help us understand what it is all about and why you’re curious? Is this something you’d recommend for us to do?

Thanks!

• Valerie Silver

February 14, 2021 at 6:49 am

Yes! It’s a website for getting projects funded, sort of like GoFundMe but more oriented towards teachers and education. They have a whole system where teachers post “projects” for classroom materials, but I got my IXL.com subscription funded through it this year. Teachers share their project with friends and family, but there are people out there who will donate to educational projects and the last 30% of my project got funded by strangers. There are also matching offers where donations are matched (not sure by whom) so the teacher reaches their goal much sooner. I don’t know how IXL got to be an approved vendor by hopefully you could find out. I don’t know if they would allow teacher training or only classroom materials (including now online resources).

• Jon

Administrator
        February 16, 2021 at 5:35 am

@VSilver Thanks for sharing this information. We’ll look into it. In the meantime could you give us a little more information about “IXL being a vendor”? For example, could you choose IXL as a product in your project?

• Valerie Silver

February 16, 2021 at 5:19 pm

Yes, that’s what is it to be a vendor. A teacher can select that item for their project. However, IXL is not visible to all as a vendor even though they are registered. I had to request it through support and they added it to the project. They don’t like virtual or services for 1st timers’ projects but made an exception for the pandemic. They ought to change that philosophy going forward now that everything has changed.