Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Doing it!!

Posted by Diane Davis on September 5, 2019 at 7:13 pm

Living the dream!  Spent the whole summer getting ready for this new way of teaching by reading and searching and brainstorming endlessly!  So now I have spiralled my 7th grade math curriculum and am planning the whole year from scratch!  SO FUN!  I am enjoying this soooo much!  No time to write much as I am busy DOING IT!  My new methods include growth mindset for math with a new system for dealing with homework, lots of new activities to develop concepts, lots of discussion methods, daily number talks, weekly assessments (all new), and lots of fun!  I am on a learning curve, of course, so nothing is perfect but definitely the right track!  I just created my first Desmos Card Sort activity!!!  Woo Hoo!  

Katrien Vance replied 3 years ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jon

Administrator
    September 6, 2019 at 5:38 am

Hey Diane, 

Love it! Congrats on creating your first Desmos Activity. Let us know how it goes. We totally understand that you don’t have a ton of time to write. Keep it going! 

• Krystyna Sibilska

September 7, 2019 at 11:11 am

Hi Diane,

Will you be willing to share the spiraled plan?

Thank you, 

Krystyna

• Katrien Vance

September 7, 2019 at 12:40 pm

Diane –  I feel exactly the same way!  I’m not spiraling, but my colleague and I created a whole new 7th-8th curriculum based on activities we love that promote understanding and engagement.  Worked all summer, planned, thought, designed, re-designed, and now doing it!  I just RAN my first Desmos activity–not ready to create yet!– and felt what it feels like to be a novice again. Lots to learn.

Congratulations to you!  Have a great year.  Lucky students!