Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Document Cameras

Posted by Katrien Vance on June 21, 2020 at 11:49 pm

Hello! I asked this in another place, too, but I’m putting it here. I’d like to get a document camera. I’m probably paying for it myself, and then after I can show how helpful it is, perhaps we get more for my colleagues. Given that I’m paying for it, I’d like to make a good choice. Anyone have recommendations or cautionary tales?

Also, I’d love to hear your favorite uses!

Thanks!

Katrien Vance replied 2 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • marianne aamodt

June 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm

I use a document camera fairly often. It’s really great for sharing a book or doing a hands-on demonstration that may be difficult for everyone to see.

• Katrien Vance

July 1, 2020 at 2:07 pm

What kind do you use?

• Iris Windom

July 8, 2020 at 5:35 pm

We use ELMO. Depending on the model, it has really great features. This link has a demonstration for a projector similar to the one we use.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oAcMNSrz60

These projectors can be pretty pricey. Perhaps you can find a used or reconditioned one for a reasonable price.

• Terry Theisen

July 12, 2020 at 5:37 pm

I have an IPEVO that I use all the time. It’s great for projecting my thinking to students from a white board or showing students work to each other quickly without having to leave a Meet to go to another presentation option.