Derek's Progress Log
My goals for the remainder of the summer:
1. Continue reading “Mathematical Mindsets” by Jo Boaler
2. Continue reading “5 Practices” by Margaret S. Smith and Mary Kay Stein
3. Create unit plans for the first quarter of the school year for all of my classes, implementing things I learn from this Academy as well as the books listed above
My goals for the upcoming school year:
1. Elicit a community in my classroom where students can feel comfortable talking about math in small group or large group, sharing and learning from their mistakes, and going deeper with math than they have ever gone before
2. Facilitate a 3-act math task with a low floor and high ceiling at least once a week
3. Have students completing self-assessments be more common than completing my summative assessments.
Sorry, there were no replies found.