Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Progress Logs Clarissa's Progress Log

• Clarissa's Progress Log

Posted by Clarissa Rothe on November 9, 2019 at 9:12 pm

My goals are quite lofty but I will begin by sharing my immediate goal – to create authentic assessments in order to guide my Math Workshops in order to deliver the most efficient and productive way to meet my students where they are and to boost their mathematical confidence and get them to grade-level.  See, I told you it was lofty!

We use CMP3 at my district and the program itself is not friendly for our demographics.  Too wordy for the mainstreamed RSP and EL students.  Very few EO’s are able to understand or willing to learn Math in a way that promotes retention of concepts and application.

I am currently entering new territory at my site and my co-teacher is not into this reform.  I am here to learn and apply my knowledge in order to open up more strategies and ways to teach my students the math for their grade-level.

I hope to get authentic feedback and help from my colleagues and the admins of this learning community.  Thanks!

Clarissa Rothe replied 3 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.